Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Where do you go from here?

No one else in the world will truly understand what you are going through. Others may relate or have similar experiences if they have dealt with their own fertility challenges, but they won’t truly understand. For example, I have an idea of the challenges women and couples face and I understand how difficult it can be. I have experienced the ups and downs, highs and lows so I “get it. While I understand the challenges I can never truly understand the depth of your fertility journey and the effects it has had on your life. No one in the world except you and only you know how fertility has affected your life and even you won’t fully grasp it at times.

I have created a safe place for women to come and express their worries, challenges, fears and hopes in their fertility journey. I open my heart fully to listen, to be witness and surround each client with love as they explore the depth of this emotional journey. I listen with my heart without judgment. I empower women by giving them an opportunity to express their regrets of the past, their challenges in the present and their fears and hopes for the future. The healings that occur are miraculous. At the same time there are others that are just not ready to look at their life, they are not ready to heal, let go and move forward. Again I hold space for where they are and gently encourage them to explore their fears and obstacles. I have no expectations only gently compassionate guidance and love. Some will move while others will not. It is not up to me, it is up to them.

There will be others in the world that will have opinions about what you are doing in your life. Family, friends and even strangers will have their thoughts about what you should and shouldn’t do. There are people out there that will tell you that if conception doesn’t happen naturally then “you should face the fact that you are not meant to have children”. There are people that believe using artificial reproductive techniques is wrong and that you are working against nature. There are people out there that believe you are selfish and should adopt a child in need because there are so many children needing a home. At the same time there are people out there that believe adoption is wrong. There are so many opinions in the world it is difficult to know who to listen to. Who can really tell you what is best for you? How do you know who to listen to?

I am here to tell you that I have no idea what is best for you and neither does anyone else in the world. There is no one anywhere in the world that can tell you what you need to do. No one else has walked in your shoes. No one else has lived your life experiences. No one else will ever truly understand you, because this is your life, your unique experience; this is YOUR fertility journey. YOU and only you can know what is best for YOU. Only you can decide which path to take and when. Only you can decide who to see for help or assistance. Only you can know in you heart what is best for you!

While I encourage you to gather information, at the same time I encourage you to listen with your heart and I encourage you to follow your inner guidance/intuition. Your head will confuse you but your heart is your Truth. While you can respect and listen to the opinions and advice of others, ultimately it is your decision. When you make decisions from that deep place of knowing, nothing else matters. Your heart, your decision, your path, your fertility. That is all that matters!


No comments: