Tuesday, March 30, 2010

It Truly is a Miracle

This is a poem I wrote after listening to the song "I still Standing" by Mindy McCready. I was deeply touched by the words and I realized I have been addicted to many things in my life including my fertility. I was addicted to the suffering, the confusion, the pain, the sadness.  I have come a long way in the last 9 years of fertility. I am here to tell you that it doesn't have to be so hard. I am here to inspire you to take a different path. I am not saying it won't be difficult but you have the ability to transform your experience of fertility by using the tools I have shared throughout my blog. It is not enough for me to want it for you. You need to choose to use these tools each and every day so that you can return to living your life. Remember, life is occurring NOW! 

I invite you to see your fertility path as a journey of self discovery. I know you can find peace along the way. You will discover gifts throughout and I invite you to practice gratitude. Be grateful for those times where you had a breakthrough or a realization that changed your life. No matter what happens on your journey, no matter where you land...you can either let it knock you down and beat you up, or you can walk the path with courage, faith and trust so that in the end you can be standing tall.

My fertility journey saved my life and for that I am forever grateful. I am here today to help inspire and empower you by sharing my own life experiences. My journey has been a true miracle in my life and I am so honored to be able to inspire you through your journey. Every moment of my past has allowed me to grow into the woman I am today. I would not change a thing. You have the ability to overcome any obstacle. You have the power within to move mountains just as much as I do! I believe in you!I will hold faith for you until you believe as much as I do!

Click here to hear the song that inspired my poem below.This poem is about my entire life including the pain through my early years of fertility.

It truly is a miracle
By Sue Dumais

It truly is a miracle
that I am here and standing tall
I lost myself completely
 I got caught up in it all

My life was full of pain
Suffering was all I knew
I did all I could to numb it out
but through it all I grew

Through all the pain I found my way
And came out the other side
Through the darkness I found the light
There was no where left to hide

As I woke up from my dream of pain
I realized I had a choice
To continue on this destructive path
Or to hear my inner voice

It whispers to me constantly
Encouraging me to see
The unlimited potential
And the greatest within Me

When I look back at the life I lived
There were miracles all around
It amazes me to be standing here
With two feet on the ground

The path I chose for all those years
Was a struggle everyday
If I had continued to walk that path
I wouldn’t be here to say

You deserve a life that’s full of joy
You deserve to have it all
The joy is deep within you
It will hold you when you fall

In every moment you have a choice
To choose love or to choose fear
Embrace your greatness, expand your heart
Peace is always near.

No comments: