Saturday, January 31, 2009

I remember JOY!

About 4 years ago my best friend and life coach, Lisa asked me to write a JOY list. My first thoughts were "joy smoy, is there such a thing as joy". It was not a word I used in my vocabulary. It had been so long since I experienced joy that is was completely foreign to me. Since then I have been inviting joy into my life. I often tell my clients that sometimes you need to fake it till you make it. Although I have had glimpses of joy, I struggled to really bring it into my life fully. During my yoga practice this morning I actually felt JOY within every cell of my body. My mind and my heart were united and there was a beautiful light surrounding me. Dissolving all fears and melting all my doubts. I was smiling on the inside and out. It overwhelmed me to a point where I felt the tears fall down my cheeks. Tears of JOY! Through the eyes of joy today I was able to receive my husband's love fully and completely. My heart was open and ready to feel love again. I wasn't afraid to let it in. My journey through fertility had closed my heart and I was so afraid to live and love fully. I thought a baby was the only thing that could possibly make me happy. The only happiness I am ever going to find is the happiness I decide to create within. It is not out there somewhere, it is within me. As I open my heart more and more each day I begin to feel alive again! I am so grateful for all people in my life that love me and have loved me even when I wasn't capable of loving them back. It is amazing how lost I was for such a long time. As I reflect on my past it makes me appreciate coming home so much more. Thank you for listening.
Hugs and JOY, Sue

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sue, Just read through your blog. I was touched to see you included the bit I sent you on Fertility Waters. In your blog you mentioned your childhood and I wonder if you've considered writing a book about your life? I'm sure if you shared other stories of your life, you could help many more people who struggle with more than just fertility. I can't remember if I mentioned to you before, buy my husband is a videographer. He has the ability to deliver via a website....if you need assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me. I appreciate your work and your willingness to open yourself up to us all. I believe my fertility journey is over but I still enjoy your newsletters. Best of luck on your journey. Jen E