Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Are you 100% committed to having a baby?

I have had this feeling that I am being called to Africa. I kept seeing ads, commercials and pictures of Ghana. When I keep seeing similar signposts over and over again I become curious. When I spent some time reflecting about it over the weekend I discovered that I could hear my baby calling me. She is ready. After talking to Lisa I discovered that although I have come to a place of peace and acceptance in my fertility journey, there was something I was missing. I talked a lot about adopting from Africa in the last 6 months and I realized that I talked about but haven't yet committed. I decided that I needed to make a commitment irregardless of whether I had the money yet or not. I needed to really commit! So I spoke to my husband who has been very open to adoption but not as sure as I have been, especially from another country. He was willing to read the website and look at the steps of the international adoption process. I respect that he needs more time to consider it and he also needs us to be in a different financial position. We decided we would wait 3 months and re-visit the conversation. The shift that occurred for me and the piece that I had been missing these last 3 years is that, now, I am 100% committed. I am no longer worried about how I can manage to have a baby and continue to build my business and support my fertility clients. I know deep in my heart that it will all work out and I trust that I can do it. There were so many reasons and excuses of why I couldn't have another baby right now and suddenly all those reasons have been dissolved. I am 100% committed. There is not a shred of doubt in my mind and body. I know when I am this committed, that I can make anything happen. There is part of me that wonders whether I will suddenly find myself pregnant before 3 months. I am leaving that up to Faith (not fate, Faith is my spirit baby). In my heart I feel we are both ready to make this commitment. In 3 months if I am not pregnant I will start the adoption process. One way or another I can be a Mother and I will stop at nothing to bring my child home.

Ask yourself the following question and create space in your mind for the answer to pop up.
Am I 100% committed to having a baby?
Am I 100% committed to being a Mom?

If your answer was yes and you felt it in your entire being then you are 100% committed. If your answer wasn't a clear and strong YES (without any hesitation) then you are not 100% committed. On some level you don't believe you are ready, or worthy or able. Whatever the reason, the bottom line is that you need to line up your mind, body and spirit to be fully 100% committed.

The question then becomes, how do I get myself there? Stay tuned I will be blogging on subconscious beliefs that hold us back in life without our awareness. How do you discover these hidden obstacles and what can you do about them? I will share more insight with you as I reflect back on my own process through it.

No comments: