Saturday, January 10, 2009

You must watch this!

I ran a fertility support group last night and was deeply touched by the openness to share. We explored the anger, sadness and pain of fertility struggles. One of the biggest challenge for couples is that everyone else around them doesn't "get it". It has been something I have personally experienced and have heard over and over again from my clients. I am on a mission to help the world "get it". The video of my personal fertility journey will be available soon. I plan to speak to anyone that will listen. One way of another, one person at a time if I need to - I promise you, I will not give up until the world "gets it"! The view of fertility needs to shift so that women and couples all over the world feel more support as they take this challenging path. You are not alone! I "get it" so deeply and I will be your voice as long as you need me to be!

One women in the group last night mentioned a video she watched that captured one couples fertility journey. I just watched it through the tears in my eyes. Please watch it and pass it on to others. Together, we can continue to increase awareness.

click here to view the video called Empty Arms

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a poignant and beautiful video that so captures the range of emotions and experiences that come for couples on their own fertility journeys. I admire their efforts to unite people around our experiences that can stay so closeted and I admire your sharing of your story, Sue. These words and stories are connecting me and helping me go on, as my partner and I are on our own fertility journey.
Much love, Tracy