Thursday, March 5, 2009

Interesting Response to a Stressor

My website and email server is down and has been for the last 18 hours. Normally I would be calling every couple of hours to see what the progress is and questioning when everything would be back online. I would feel completely frustrated and worried that people couldn't reach me or find our website. It is amazing how dependent we have become on email and the internet. I had moments of small panic yesterday but they were small moments with slight disturbances of my peace. Times when I noticed the anxiety or worry I would ask for healing and ask to see it differently. One time my phone rang within a few minutes after asking to see it differently. It was a client that I had emailed several times over the last month to check in. She was trying to respond to my email but was unable to so she decided to call instead. It was great to hear her voice and to talk in person. I was grateful for the connection and conversation. There are times when situations occur in our lives that can easily create anxiety and frustration. The moment you feel and become aware of the anxiety and frustration you have the ability to shift it. Begin with your thoughts and if that doesn't work get into your body. Lie on your back and imagine shaking it off - I mean literally shake your arms and legs. Life is occurring around us and in each moment we have a choice how we respond. Even when our response is a deep subconscious trigger, the moment we have awareness, we can accept what is and find a way to shift it. You deserve to live a life with inner peace. The times where you don't feel peace are opportunities to become aware, accept and take action to bring yourself back to peace.

No comments: