Thursday, June 4, 2009

This Deep Desire

There is nothing else that will make me happy
There is nothing that compares
This deep desire to have a baby
Is my only care

I will do anything and everything
To make my dream come true
Diet, herbs and exercise
There’s nothing I won’t do

My journey through fertility
Becomes heavier every day
I hope this nightmare has an end
Please make it go away

All I want is to have a baby
A child to call my own
I am done with fear and with doubt
I don’t want to feel alone.

As I look deep down inside myself
I realize I have known
All the answers that I seek
Are within a place called home

This place inside me is all I need
To regain my sense of hope
Inner wisdom, trust and faith
Are there to help me cope

As I step back into my sense of self
I know I will be ok
The choices I make are empowering now
And at home is where I’ll stay



I thought I would share this poem I wrote a few years ago. I use my poetry as a tool to heal. This one allowed me to appreciate how my journey has changed and my experience of my fertility is so very different than it was in the beginning. I have learned so much about myself and my life. I am deeply grateful!

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Thanks so much for sharing this poem! I hope you dont mind but I posted it on my blog, but also put your link on there as well.
I am just starting to look into this whole mind body connection, and love following you on twitter as well as here!
Thanks again!

Sue Dumais said...

I don't mind at all. I appreciate your help spreading the word to other women so that they realize they are not alone! Thank you!
Hugs, Sue