Thursday, February 25, 2010

Riding the lows after the high


As some of you know I am very sensitive to energy (mine and others) and this past weekend I was at a Team Northrup Retreat. It was full of positive joyous emotional loving energy. While Monday I was still riding that “high” energy, Tuesday I was feeling the “low”.

I wanted to share some tools with you that can help you during times of feeling the low. I want to acknowledge that it is normal to feel these dips but it is what you do during these times that will determine how long the "low" will last.

Let me first explain if from an energetic experience. It might help to see your self surrounded by a balloon that over the weekend was inflated bigger than before and then it deflating to a smaller size than it was to begin with. I am referring to your aura (the energy field that surrounds you). It is common to feel good or “high” at the event; this is your aura inflating, filling up and expanding. When you return to your normal surroundings again you may notice it slowly return to normal or some of you may feel “low” when it becomes more deflated.

Here are some ideas that can help:

1. The most important thing is to create awareness without judgment. While there is an energetic shift happening there may also be an upper limit coming into play (refer to the book The Big Leap by Gay Hendricks for more information on upper limiting). Be aware of your thoughts, actions and behaviours. Awareness it the first key for change.

2. Practice Acceptance. For example saying something like “I am feeling blah and it’s ok” “I am where I am and it’s ok”. Doesn’t mean you like how you feel, it just means that you can make peace with it. Otherwise you end up in a cycle of self defeating judgment.

3. Be gentle and kind with your SELF. Practice good self care (take a bath, rest as needed without guilt, call a friend, journal).

4. Meditation: Find stillness and observe your breath for at least 1-2 minutes. Ground your energy by imagining yourself deeply connected to the earth. You can visualize a light extending from your tailbone deep down into the earth and branching off like the roots of a tree. Release any negative energy or thoughts down the grounding cord to be recycled by the earth.

5. I invite you to listen to this recorded exercise to cleanse your aura. It will help remove any negative energy and fill you back up with positive energy. Click on the link to listen online. Click here to listen. I listened to it myself and I felt after. I love how I get to be my own student with today's technology.

6. Stay hydrated! Drink lots of water and avoid caffeine and alcohol. Dehydration will make you feel worse.

7. Realize it is only temporary and if you can encourage gentle and kind thoughts you will get through it sooner.

While there are many highs and lows in your fertility journey these tools can be used in any situation in your life where you feel your energy is low.

It all begins with making a commitment to do something different and being willing to take the first step to shift from where you are to where you want to be.

No comments: