Tuesday, July 14, 2009

A Visit from a Soul

I wanted to share this poem and hopefully it may help bring some peace to those of you who have experienced a loss on your fertility journey. I use my poetry to heal and let go. You will notice as you read the poem there is a process blame, letting go, healing and finding peace. Many of my clients who experience pregnancy loss will turn to blame themselves thinking they must have done something wrong. Although we can't possibly make sense of every life challenge as it is happening, I know there is an opportunity to learn and heal in every situation. I believe there is perfection in everything that happens and I just don't have the ability to see it fully from my human perspective. We will often see things in hindsight and we struggle to make sense of the "why". As we stop asking "why" and become more curious and willing, we begin to trust that everything happens for a reason. We take back control as we recognize our response to what happens in life will help us heal and move on or keep us stuck if we allow it. Although it may not feel like we have a choice, we always do!

A Visit From a Soul
by: Sue Dumais

A kiss from an angel, a soul from above

The warmth of a baby, unconditional love

A life transformed with a slight sense of fear

Becoming a mom, my future’s so clear

Suddenly something goes terribly wrong

The soul has left, no lullaby song

The pain and the grief are heavy and true

How did this happen? What did I do?

You had chosen me and touched my soul

Thank you for coming, I feel complete and whole

My arms and my heart will welcome you in

When you feel you are ready to come back again.

No comments: