Wednesday, September 7, 2011

What is your health worth to you?


What is my health worth to me? These words have been ringing in my ears for a week now.

There was a time that pain and suffering was a “normal” part of my day. For the longest time I would find ways to numb it out or manage it. I didn’t know a life without pain was possible for me and on some subconscious level I never had the desire to take the steps necessary to release the hold it had on me. Looking back I realized that I was addicted to pain and suffering. It was familiar, it was comforting, it was my friend because that was all I knew. 

The last 10 years I have been on a journey to heal my Self. It has been quite an emotional ride and at times I wanted get off the roller coaster. There were times when everything inside of me wanted to run away and hide. I wanted all the pain to just go away. I wanted to find a quiet place and “do nothing”. But deep down inside I was tired of running. There was a part of me that didn’t want to live with the pain any longer.

My desire for health and wholeness became stronger than my addiction to pain and suffering.

I began to hear this soft voice from deep within me calling me toward healing, love, health and wholeness. I have been making positive changes in my lifestyle and nutrition. I created awareness about limiting thoughts and beliefs that were holding me imprisoned in my past. I started a daily yoga and meditation practice and suddenly I could hear this soft voice leading me on my path and showing me another way of being in life. I realized that I was worthy of love, health and well being. My heart expanded and I found this deep determination and power to do what whatever was necessary to awaken my healthiest self.

Every day I make a conscious effort to practice what I teach. My own self care has been an important part of my personal growth and healing. For the last 10 years I have been on a path of healing and although I have made great strides I still have some physical health expressions. Local efforts and practitioners are helping but their scope of practice is still limiting. 

I have made a decision to attend a 2 week medical diagnostics and treatment program at Sanoviv Medical Institute where they practice medicine beyond the traditional medical model. In my eyes they are practicing the medicine of the future. My heart is leading me there to receive the care and treatment necessary to heal. 

When I first spoke to the staff and the doctor at Sanoviv my eyes filled with tears. It was the first time I spoke to a doctor who truly deeply listened. I finally received validation that my health symptoms were “not normal” in spite of all my tests coming back “normal”. I am so grateful for the doctors at Sanoviv, for Dr Wentz’s vision, for Dr Christiane Northrup and other practitioners who are expanding their practices to include the mind body and spirit connection. 

What is my health worth to me? When I spoke to my husband and made a decision to go to Sanoviv for 2 weeks, I knew in my heart that it was necessary for my healing. At the same time, deep down inside I felt uncomfortable and as doubt started to creep in I questioned my intuition.
How can I possibly leave my family for 2 weeks? That isn’t fair to them. I already travel a lot for my work and here I am going away for medical treatment, spending all this money, for what? For me? 

I became aware that my internal dialogue shifted from, knowing this was what I needed to do to be healthy, to feelings of unworthiness. Who am I to take this time to heal? It wasn’t until I received an email from 2 coaches in my life. I will share part of it with you here:

Dear Sue,
I see you perfect, whole, and healthy with energy and vitality which attracts abundance in every area of your life.  We will be in touch by email, and support you in any and every way possible.  Please feel free to call me, and know that this time of healing will only empower you to fully embrace your gifts and destiny.
Our love and blessings go with you, and your physical presence will be missed more than you can ever know.  Thanks for taking the time to let us know what is happening with you.  Please don't hesitate to call either one of us at any time.  We love you and cherish you more than you know.
Please take this with you...
"Live with Intention.
Walk to the edge.
Listen hard.
Pratice wellness. Play with abandon.
Laugh.
Choose with no regret.  Continue to learn.
Appreciate your friends.
Do what you love.
Love as if this is all there is."
~ Mary Anne Radmacher

I could barely read the words through the tears. I felt the love leaping out from the words on the page. The doubt and unworthiness dissolved instantly and my mood lightened. I shifted back into a place of trust and knowing that this is my path. If I want others to take charge of their health and do whatever is necessary to awaken their healthiest self, then I need to live by example and walk my talk. 

I appreciate all your love, patience and support. I will be unavailable by phone from Sept 11-25th. You can reach me by email only. I will keep you all posted as I embark on this sacred healing journey at Sanoviv. 

I will leave you with the following questions to help you create awareness about your health:

Is your desire for health and wholeness stronger than your attachment to pain and suffering?

What is your health worth to you?

Are you going to wait until you get a wake up call before you take action to improve your health?

What are you willing to do to awaken your healthiest self?

What is one thing you can do today to move toward health and wholeness?

Is your health worth it?
Are you worth it?

Do you want to feel good or do you want to feel your best?

Do you want to be healthy or do you want to be your healthiest Self?


I am reminded of the lyrics of a song: “Don’t it always seem to go that you don’t know what you got till it’s gone”

This body is the only body you have. Respect it, love it and nurture it. The journey to becoming healthier begins with one small step.That is all it takes, one small step. What is your first step?

No comments: