Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Sue's presentation at the Dr Northrup Event

It was 5 years ago that I was asked "what is your grandest dream, your greatest desire?" and the first words that popped into my mind were "to speak to the world". Those words not only surprised me but terrified me. I thought for sure the words would be "to get pregnant" or "to have a baby". So I put that surprising dream to the side and I spent the last 5 years focusing on building a community of support at Family Passages Mind Body Studio for women and couples struggling with fertility.

At the same time I was experiencing my own fertility journey. I realized over the years that giving birth to a child is not the only capacity I have. I learned to channel my fertile creative energy to give birth to many things including my Yoga for Fertility Handbook, a home based business under the umbrella of Dr Northrup and Team Northrup and I also gave birth to my dream of having my own studio and so much more.

Last winter I started to hear the calling deep down inside of me getting louder. "It is time to speak to the world". I felt a sense of urgency. I felt a need to take a step toward my dream of being on stage in front of thousands and sharing my message.

I have seen evidence and felt a shift and rising of the feminine energy. It is a necessary shift that will help contribute to a global healing movement. I know in my heart I am destined to play a role in that movement. I was afraid for the longest time, but today, I am no longer afraid because I know it is something I am being called to do. 

Last July I begin a speaker training program with Les Brown, one of the top motivational speakers in the world. I am honoured to be one of his Platinum Speakers. I look forward to learning from one of the best to develop my skills as a speaker. My vision is to inspire and empower healing on a global level. This is what I am here to do. It is clear that it is time to answer my calling "to speak to the world".

I recently launched my "larger than life" speaking career at the Dr Christiane Northrup event in Vancouver on Nov 3rd. As I stepped out on to the stage and began to speak to the audience of 2000, I felt exhilerated. As I got comfortable with the stage and the mic I had a deep sense of "coming home". At the end of the night a friend asked me how I felt about being on stage and my response was "give me back the mic, I am so ready."

Here is a link to my speech: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUo6dyaywKc

I hope my message inspires you!

What are you being called to do?

No comments: